Date:   Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:43:27 +0530
From:   Sahitya Tummala <stummala@...eaurora.org>
To:     Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: e2fsck on encrypted directories

On 8/1/2017 8:03 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 03:32:24PM +0530, Sahitya Tummala wrote:
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>> I got a question on usage of e2fsck with -D option on EXT4 FS, where
>> file based encryption is enabled. Is this option supposed to work on
>> encrypted directories?
>>
>> I have encountered a case where e2fsck gets stuck
>> in duplicate_search_and_fix() due to strncmp checks done in this function
>> on encrypted file names, which may contain NUL characters.
>>
>> Also, even without -D option passed, there can be a case of duplicate
>> entries (i.e.,
>> ctx->dirs_to_hash is not NULL). In this case too we may see the same issue
>> in duplicate_search_and_fix() if the directory is encrypted.
>> Is my understanding correct? Please share your comments.
> Thanks, your understanding is indeed correct.  Thanks for pointing
> this out.  The following patch should fix the problem; can you
> confirm, if you have a convenient test case?

Thanks for the patch. I could reproduce this issue only once so far. I
have already
tried the proposed fix and it works fine.

--
Qualcomm India Private Limited, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.