Date:   Tue, 8 Aug 2017 18:06:35 +0200
From:   Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
To:     Wang Shilong <wangshilong1991@...il.com>
Cc:     Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>, Andrew Perepechko <anserper@...dex.ru>,
        Shuichi Ihara <sihara@....com>,
        Wang Shilong <wshilong@....com>, Li Xi <lixi@....com>,
        Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: quota: dqio_mutex design

Hi,

On Thu 03-08-17 22:39:51, Wang Shilong wrote:
> Please send me patches, we could test and response you!

So I finally have something which isn't obviously wrong (it survives basic
testing and gives me improvements for some workloads). I have pushed out
the patches to:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs.git quota_scaling

I'd be happy if you can share your results with my patches. I have not yet
figured out a safe way to reduce the contention on dq_lock during update of
on-disk structure when lot of processes bang single dquot. I have
experimental patch but it didn't bring any benefit in my testing - I'll
rebase it on top of other patches I have send it to you for some testing.

								Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@...e.com>
SUSE Labs, CR