lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC
Date:   Wed, 7 Mar 2018 14:23:43 -0800
From:   Tyson Nottingham <>
To:     Lennart Sorensen <>
Cc:     "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <>,
        Andreas Dilger <>,,
Subject: Re: ext4 ignoring rootfs default mount options

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 02:13:24PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Trying to use tune2fs -E mount_opts to set some default options, and
> can't figure out how to enter two options at once.

I noticed this a while back, too. I don't believe you can currently. As a
workaround, you can use debugfs:

    debugfs -w -R 'set_super_value mount_opts opt1,opt2,opt3' <dev>

Note that when printing superblock info, the e2fsprogs tools call the bit-based
default mount options "Default mount options" and the string-based default mount
options "Mount options".