Date:   Thu, 13 Sep 2018 18:32:52 -0400
From:   "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
To:     Nathan Peterson <nathan@...rads.com>
Cc:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Unable to mount an ext4 RAID6 array

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:09:59AM -0700, Nathan Peterson wrote:
> It was suggested that I perform e2fsck on this array. However, every
> time I run the check it gets to a certain point(sometimes 24+ hours
> later) and crashes. Causing all of the LAN in my house to drop offline
> until I reboot or remove the CAT from this system (This is also
> happening when using debugfs).

When you say "crashes", do you mean that e2fsck crashes, or the whole
system crashes?  Given that you talk about all of your LAN/dropping
offline, it sounds like the whole system crashes?  If that's the case,
it sounds like it may be some kind of hardware problem.  Running
e2fsck should not be causing the system to crash.