Date:   Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:20:20 +0200
From:   Pas <pas@...g.hu>
To:     "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: inline_data status (e2fsprogs)

Thanks for the blazing fast and detailed reply!

Am I correct assuming that the jbd2 problem is only (mostly?) relevant
in case of data=journal mode?

> It also generally doesn't buy you much for most file system
workloads, so it hasn't been high on my priority list to fix.

Completely understandable. I wasn't really hunting for those juice
performance bits, however it seemed like a nice optimization that's in
the kernel for quite long, plus enabling it is just a bit flip, then
why not? But then I haven't found anything conclusive on it.

Thanks again for clearing things up!

Pas