Date:	Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:28:55 +0200
From:	Marcel Holtmann <marcel@...tmann.org>
To:	Michael Lothian <mike@...eburn.co.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Status of the T-Mobile 3G PCMCIA Card

Hi Michael,

> I've recently subscribed to T-Mobile's 3G service for my laptop. I
> found v little info on the card but heard a few success stories with
> the Vodafone card with Linux.
>
> Upon getting the card I've not realised my mistake and it appears that
> it isn't as simple as I'd hoped.
>
> Has anyone had any success with this card at all?
>
> The lspci out put is:
>
> 04:00.2 Network controller: Option N.V. Qualcomm MSM6275 UMTS chip
>         Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
>         Memory at 52040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=2K]
> 04:00.2 0280: 1931:000c
>
> pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 0 is what dmesg says
>
> And nothing appears under lsusb
>
> I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer because if I can't get
> it to work I'll need to return it within the "cooling down" period
> which is the next few days and be locked into an 18 month contract

they provided a driver for it and I am working on cleaning it up and
getting it merged mainline, but this hasn't been finished now. However I
am using this card for quite some time now with Linux. You can download
my current driver version with this command:

	cg-clone http://git.holtmann.org/nozomi.git

I broke the latest revision with a change that produces a NULL pointer
dereference and haven't had the time to fix it. Will take a look at it
once I am back from the OLS.

Regards

Marcel