Date:	Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:32:07 +0200
From:	ProfiHost - Stefan Priebe <s.priebe@...fihost.com>
To:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>
CC:	Nathan Scott <nathans@....com>,
	Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@...il.com>
Subject: Re: XFS / Quota Bug in  2.6.17.x and 2.6.18x

Hi!

 >>The pre barrier check for normal mount works without any problems.
 > Dang, I forgot that hda is a little older and does not support
 > barriers. /me slaps himself.
That matches for me too. My drives are also too old to support barriers.
It occours on about 35 servers - so not all filesystems could be damaged.

So please recheck the following:

1.) You need a Kernel, where barriers are on by default:
so something like: 2.6.16.2x or 2.6.17.x
I'm not shure of the minimal version for the 2.6.16.x Kernel tree.

2.) that hda2 is / on your system

3.) you boot your system with kernel option rootflags=quota

4.) do not use mount, to deactivate quota - use quotaoff / command

5.) then reboot your system...

Stefan