Date:	Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:51:41 +0200
From:	Adrian Ulrich <reiser4@...nkenlights.ch>
To:	Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@....de>
Cc:	nate.diller@...il.com, dlang@...italinsight.com,
	matthias.andree@....de, vonbrand@....utfsm.cl, ipso@...ppymail.ca,
	reiser@...esys.com, lkml@...productions.com, jeff@...zik.org,
	tytso@....edu, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	reiserfs-list@...esys.com
Subject: Re: Solaris ZFS on Linux [Was: Re: the " 'official' point of view"
 expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion]

> suspect, particularly with 7200/min (s)ATA crap.

Quoting myself (again):
>> A quick'n'dirty ZFS-vs-UFS-vs-Reiser3-vs-Reiser4-vs-Ext3 'benchmark'

Yeah, the test ran on a single SATA-Harddisk (quick'n'dirty).
I'm so sorry but i don't have access to a $$$ Raid-System at home.

Anyway: The test shows us that Reiser4 performed very good on my
(common 0-8-15) hardware.

> sdparm --clear=WCE /dev/sda   # please.

How about using /dev/emcpower* for the next benchmark?

I mighty be able to re-run it in a few weeks if people are interested
and if i receive constructive suggestions (= Postmark parameters,
mkfs options, etc..)

Regards,
 Adrian