Date:	Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:05:15 +0200 (MEST)
From:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>
To:	Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@...uxmail.org>
cc:	Edward Shishkin <edward@...esys.com>,
	Stefan Traby <stefan@...lo-penguin.com>,
	Hans Reiser <reiser@...esys.com>,
	Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@...il.com>,
	reiserfs-list@...esys.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>
Subject: Re: Reiser4 und LZO compression

>> > I don't think that LZO beats LZF in both speed and compression ratio.
>> >
>> > LZF is also available under GPL (dual-licensed BSD) and was choosen in favor
>> > of LZO for the next generation suspend-to-disk code of the Linux kernel.
>> >
>> > see: http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/liblzf.html
>>
>> thanks for the info, we will compare them
>
>For Suspend2, we ended up converting the LZF support to a cryptoapi
>plugin. Is there any chance that you could use cryptoapi modules? We
>could then have a hope of sharing the support.

I am throwing in gzip: would it be meaningful to use that instead? The
decoder (inflate.c) is already there.

06:04 shanghai:~/liblzf-1.6 > l configure*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 jengelh users 154894 Mar  3  2005 configure
-rwxr-xr-x  1 jengelh users  26810 Mar  3  2005 configure.bz2
-rw-r--r--  1 jengelh users  30611 Aug 28 20:32 configure.gz-z9
-rw-r--r--  1 jengelh users  30693 Aug 28 20:32 configure.gz-z6
-rw-r--r--  1 jengelh users  53077 Aug 28 20:32 configure.lzf

Jan Engelhardt