Date:	Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:43:48 +0200
From:	"Miguel Ojeda" <maxextreme@...il.com>
To:	"Alan Cox" <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Driver - cfag12864b Crystalfontz 128x64 2-color Graphic LCD

On 9/10/06, Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> Ar Sul, 2006-09-10 am 01:14 +0200, ysgrifennodd Miguel Ojeda:
> > parport_register_device() "The PARPORT_DEV_EXCL flag is for preventing
> > port sharing, and so should only be used when sharing the port with
> > other device drivers is impossible and would lead to incorrect
> > behaviour. Use it sparingly!"
>
> This is the one you want. It's there for things like parallel port
> quickcams.

> > Ok, easier that way. In fact, the conversion function takes just 20
> > lines... I can provide it as an example with the driver. Is the
> > Documentation/* the right place?
>
> If its only 20 lines why not, in fact if its that short it might be fine
> in kernel too.

Fast and clear! Thank you so much.

Just a last question: The conversion function, should I code it as a
"exported function" via ioctl (copying the boolean matrix to kernel
space, converting it and sending it back to user space), or as a
second special device (like /dev/cfag..matrix)?

Because of the problems I explained of waiting for all the matrix to
start converting and sending it, I think the first option is better:
The user-space program can ask for the conversion via ioctl and then
send it to the normal device it whenever it wants.