Date:	Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:03:21 +0000
From:	Andy Whitcroft <apw@...dowen.org>
To:	Andy Whitcroft <apw@...dowen.org>
CC:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>, Martin Bligh <mbligh@...gle.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Steve Fox <drfickle@...ibm.com>
Subject: Re: 2.6.19-rc3-mm1 -- missing network adaptors

Andy Whitcroft wrote:

>>> Buggered if I know. If we could quit breaking it, that'd be good though.
>>> If it printed its version during boot somewhere, that'd help too.

>>> No.
>>>
>>> M.
>> These all sounds pretty old.  I'll rerun them all with
>> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED set and see what pans out.
>>

> Ok, these have all popped through.  Three of the four seems unchanged,
> so I am inclined to think that turning on SYSFS_DEPRECATED has not
> helped us.
>
> One seems to have blown up differently:

[...]

Ok, it was suggested that we revert all of gregkh's patches as a first
stab at a cuplprit.  I reverted the changes between the following two
patches (inclusive):

    gregkh-driver-w1-ioremap-balanced-with-iounmap.patch
    call-platform_notify_remove-later.patch

The first result in is a positive test complete on that machine.  Will
check the remainder of the tests in the morning.

-apw