Date:	Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:29:32 -0800 (PST)
From:	David Rientjes <rientjes@...washington.edu>
To:	Pavel Emelianov <xemul@...nvz.org>
cc:	vatsa@...ibm.com, dev@...nvz.org, sekharan@...ibm.com,
	menage@...gle.com, ckrm-tech@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	balbir@...ibm.com, haveblue@...ibm.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, pj@....com, matthltc@...ibm.com,
	dipankar@...ibm.com, rohitseth@...gle.com, devel@...nvz.org
Subject: Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Pavel Emelianov wrote:

> So if we're going to have different groupings for different
> resources what's the use of "container" grouping all "controllers"
> together? I see this situation like each task_struct carries
> pointers to kmemsize controller, pivate pages controller,
> physical pages controller, CPU time controller, disk bandwidth
> controller, etc. Right? Or did I miss something?

My understanding is that the only addition to the task_struct is a pointer
to the struct container it belongs to.  Then, the various controllers can
register the control files through the fs-based container interface and
all the manipulation can be done at that level.  Having each task_struct
containing pointers to individual resource nodes was never proposed.

		David