Date:	Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:27:51 +0100
From:	Juergen Beisert <juergen127@...uzholzen.de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: The invoking of probe function for platform devices ??

On Thursday 07 December 2006 09:02, ANIL JACOB wrote:
> At what stage of the initiation the probe function is called. I guess when
> compiled as a module, the only entry point of the driver I will be having
> is init function and the exit point is exit function. Then how will it be
> entering into the probe function for platform devices?

When the platform device is known, probe will be called after registering your
platform driver.
If the platform device is unknown, your probe will never be called.
If the platform device gets registered later, then this is the time when your
platform driver probe will be called.

Hope it helps
Juergen