Date:	Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:02:31 -0700
From:	"Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@...eranetworks.com>
To:	linux kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Open Source Protocol Reconstruction Project for Linux

We have open sourced this project for our Linux based appliances and
file systems.  Anyone from Linux
who wants to help port the program from Windows to Linux is welcome.
The program supports
all native Linux forensics applications and formats.  The program
reconsutructs web session and
email, and we are adding FTP, P2P, and other Linux kernel protocols.

Jeff

     LINDON, Utah, Dec. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Solera Networks, Inc., the
technology leader in network packet record and playback appliances, today
announced that source code for DataEcho, a web session reconstruction
application, will be made available under the GNU General Public License.
The company has established a community website at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/data-echo. Source code and Windows
installers are available for download now.
    DataEcho reconstructs historical web browsing and email traffic from
captured network packets, for monitoring insider security threats and
policy compliance. It is a useful adjunct to network protocol analyzers
such as Sniffer(TM) or WireShark.