Date:	Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:05:28 +0100
From:	Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@...ei.de>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:	Luming Yu <luming.yu@...il.com>, Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>,
	Lee Revell <rlrevell@...-job.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.20-rc3 regression: suspend to RAM broken on Mac mini Core Duo

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 14:50:25 +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Hmm, do you mean this is the first time of this kind of testing?
> > > Is this issue related to LAN driver?
> > > I guess you should be able to set up an automatic suspend/resume loop
> > > with /proc/acpi/alarm, and test similar with 2.6.18.
> >
> > Thanks for the hint. I just used /proc/acpi/alarm to set up a
> > suspend/resume loop and did ca. 100 cycles in a row with 2.6.18.2 in
> > single user mode, without a failure.
>
> Can you do similar test on 2.6.20 -- w/o network driver loaded (and
> generaly minimum drivers?)

I think I found the problem. In 2.6.18, I had a slightly different
config. With 2.6.20-rc4, I had sucessful suspend/resume cycles without
the USB DVB-T box attached. I tweaked the USB options a bit and
activated some options (CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND,
CONFIG_USB_MULTITHREAD_PROBE, CONFIG_USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO,
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT, CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED) and now I can
suspend/resume without hangs. At least I haven't seen one until now.

Thanks for you patience and regards,
Tino