Date:	Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:16:13 +0530
From:	"Sunil Naidu" <akula2.shark@...il.com>
To:	dirk.hohndel@...el.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, alan@...hat.com,
	ksummit-2006-discuss@...nk.org,
	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

> From: Dirk Hohndel <dirk.hohndel@...el.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:22:54 -0800
>
> We've held netconf in Japan, Montreal, Portland, and this year will
> likely be Europe.  People found a way to make it and we found
> sufficient sponsorship for all attendees who needed monetary travel
> assistence every time.  This is why I don't buy the funding argument
> at all.  People who want to come and have the desire, will find a way.
> Conferences who think attendance is important, will find a way to
> provide sponsorship for travel when needed.

Good thoughts ;-)  I too believe in this - Where there is a Will,
there is a Way! That's the reason why I have proposed India as the
location for KS 2007, am still awaiting for the response from Theodore
Tso.

But, funding or drag or time zone could be genuine reasons for many
because of the Geographical factors. Again, this shouldn't deter I
feel...Else, we have to wait for KS 2008 or 2009 ;-)

[OT] Dirk, I did attend Intel Developer Forum 2006 by paying $70
because I wanted to!

~Akula2