Date:	Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:35:15 +1100
From:	Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@...oo.com.au>
To:	Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...e.de>
CC:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Daniel Drake <dsd@...ctivated.net>,
	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
Subject: Re: via irq quirk breakage

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Ni Nick, Alan,
>
> Le Mercredi 24 Janvier 2007 01:33, Nick Piggin a écrit :
>
>>Recently updated an old box to a new kernel, and the USB mouse stops
>>working. Well it sort of works, but stutters and is very unresponsive. This
>>happens now and again when the IRQ routing for my board gets broken.
>>
>>Attached a dmesg from a bad 2.6.20-rc5, and a quick hack that gets
>>everything working again, and a diff between good and bad dmesg, and lspci.
>

> Your hack seems quite broken to me, I suspect it works somewhat by
> accident and would probably do bad things on other machines.

Well it works because I know I need that particular quirk applied to
my USB IRQ. But definitely it is a hack because I've otherwise got no
idea what I'm doing ;)

>>I can test patches or send any other info needed.
>

> The same bug was reported to me by someone else, and my investigation
> led me to the conclusion that pci_find_present() doesn't work yet at
> the moment the quirks are run. Am I right? Which makes me wonder if
> this VIA quirks update was ever tested. Alan?
>
> Here is the patch I have come up with. It might not qualify as elegant,
> but at least it appears to solve the issue. Nick, can you please give it
> a try and confirm it works for you as well?

This does not work for me. Again, it boots and runs, but USB interrupts
don't seem to be getting delivered. Attached is the dmesg. Let me know
if you need any other info or tests done.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

View attachment "dmesg" of type "text/plain" (12813 bytes)