Date:	Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:50:43 +0530
From:	"Satapathy, Soumendu Sekhar" <Soumendu.Satapathy@...unisys.com>
To:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject:  Data Caching Service

-----Original Message-----
From: Satapathy, Soumendu Sekhar
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 4:10 PM
To: 'Andrew Morton'
Subject: RE: Data Caching Service

Yes I agree with you.

Even if we could do this without the kernel being involved, the
applications have to be aware of these details. Could it have been done
without the application's knowledge ?

The Kernel provides an environment/platform for the applications to run
and hence ideally as far as possible, performance issues related to
caching etc should be under the kernel's jurisdiction.

Currently I am talking at the philosophy level so I just wanted the
concept to make sense.

thanks
soumendu