Date:	Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:28:49 -0600
From:	Xavier Callejas <xavier@...tral.ibcinc.com.sv>
To:	Erik Mouw <erik@...ddisk-recovery.com>
Cc:	linux-smp@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: System hanging randomly (SMP Kernel 2.6.20) - ATI chipset+Pentium 4HT

El Viernes, 2 de Marzo de 2007, Xavier Callejas escribió:
> El Viernes, 2 de Marzo de 2007, Erik Mouw escribió:
> > Try to recreate the problem without the proprietary wlan driver. With
> > that driver loaded it's impossible to debug.
> >

> > Erik
>
> Thank you Erik,
>
> I've deleted madwifi from my current kernel, now I'm connected with
> ethernet, but after reboot my laptop just stay 10 minutes and then hang
> again :s
>
> The same beahave, the mouse keeps moving but everything gets stucked, then
> the mouse also get hang, I have tu make a force shutdown.
>
> Thank you, I'll be waiting your answer.

Hi,

I've keeping running without hang for about 5 hours.

I have booted with:
Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda3 vga=0x317 resume=/dev/hda2 splash=silent
splash=verbose noapic enable_8254_timer enable_timer_pin_1 debug apic=debug
acpi=debug

And also without the Atheros (midwifi) driveres, I'm steel connected by
ethernet.

I attach dmesg, and other info. about the current boot.

I hope this help.

Thank you.

--
Xavier Callejas

Open Your Mind, Use Open Source.

View attachment "lsmod.txt" of type "text/plain" (3149 bytes)

View attachment "dmesg-noapic-nohang.txt" of type "text/plain" (24638 bytes)

View attachment "interrupts.txt" of type "text/plain" (696 bytes)

View attachment "uptime.txt" of type "text/plain" (74 bytes)

View attachment "lspci.txt" of type "text/plain" (1134 bytes)