Date:	Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:14:24 -0800 (PST)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Avi Kivity <avi@...ranet.com>
cc:	kvm-devel <kvm-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL][RETRY] KVM updates for Linux 2.6.21-rc2

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Avi Kivity wrote:

> The changes fall into three broad categories:
> - initial kvm paravirtulization support
> - the first batch of the stable userspace interface changes
> - fixes, fixes, fixes

This is the absolute last time I say this.

WAY too late. You'd better get this in before -rc1 next time around. I
want *FIXES*ONLY* by now, and next time I see crap like this I'm going to
ignore it until you fix me a pull that contains fixes only, and I'm not
even going to pull during the next merge window because I'm not interested
in merging something that isn't maintained and doesn't get those "fixes
only" trees.

So I pulled this now, but the fact is, I already ignored this once exactly
because it wasn't appropriate to pull at this point. Yes, I soemtimes miss
emails, but dammit, quite often it's also because I just judge the email
to be *CRAP* and simply not worth bothering with.

750 new lines of code, with much of it apparently being new features, and
stupid cleanups and cosmetics that don't actually fix anything simply
isn't "post-rc2 material". I really *really* don't want to see this again!

I'm really fed up with having to pull big changes after the merge window,
because it just doesn't seem to let up. I'm going to go postal on the next
maintainer who doesn't understand what "merge window" and "fixes only"
means.

		Linus