Date:	Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:23:28 -0500
From:	Ed Tomlinson <edt@....ca>
To:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	"Lee Revell" <rlrevell@...-job.com>,
	"Nicolas Mailhot" <nicolas.mailhot@...oste.net>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] RSDL completely fair starvation free interactive cpu scheduler

Hi,

I have had this in for about 24 hours.  So far so good.  I am running on IUP amd64 with
'voluntary kernel Preemption' enabled (preemptible kernels seem to lock up solid
switching between 32 and 64 apps - no opps and nothing on the serial console...)

The patch _does_ make a difference.  For instance reading mail with freenet working
hard  (threaded java application) and gentoo's emerge triggering compiles to update the
box is much smoother.

Think this scheduler needs serious looking at.

Ed Tomlinson