Date:	Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:22:57 +0100
From:	Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@...la.net>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: irq nobody cared issue on 2.6.2x

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 20:48 schrieb Mws:
> hi all,
>
> i just moved my win tv dvb-s card (PCI) from my old to my actual pc.
>
> its an ASUS M2N32 WS Professional AMD64 X2 Board equiped with
> the nvidia nForce 590 SLI MCP chipset.
>
> in the past, i had to use the noapic kernel cmdline param to get linux
> booting and working properly.
>
> iirc versions >=2.6.18 of the kernel fixed all of my previous problems,
> thus i am not using noapic since then.

Hmm, I'm using the same board here since two weeks. openSUSE 10.2 (i586,
kernel 2.6.18.{2,8}) didn't installed properly even with noapic (problems
with eth device while installing from nfs server :-(, temporarily work
arounded with an e1000). I found a BIOS update necessary for proper apic
operation. No problems since then, but not using a dvb card in there
either, since my vdr is a seperate system ;-)..

Cheers,
   Pete