Date:	Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:32:01 +0000
From:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:	Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>
Cc:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>,
	IDE/ATA development list <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	Alan <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>, Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>,
	Kristen Carlson Accardi <kristen.c.accardi@...el.com>
Subject: Re: ATA ACPI (was Re: Linux 2.6.21-rc5)

Hi!

> >>So if you have reported a regression in the 2.6.21-rc
> >>series, please check 2.6.21-rc5, and update your
> >>report as appropriate (whether fixed or "still
> >>problems with xyzzy").
> >
> >[just got back from vacation, or would have sent this
> >earlier]
> >
> >FWIW, I'm still leaning towards disabling libata ACPI
> >support by default for 2.6.21.
> >
> >Upstream has Alan's fix for the worst PATA problems,
> >but for different reasons, I think PATA ACPI and SATA
> >ACPI support in libata does not feel quite ready for
> >prime time in 2.6.21.
> >
> >Scream now, or hold your peace until 2.6.22... :)
>
> I second disabling ACPI for 2.6.21.

Ugh.. does that mean we'll have 'regression reports' as in 'it worked
ok in -rc5, broken in final?

Well, suspend is currently so broken that we'll be flooded by reports,
anyway, but.... could we get at least define in code so that we can
tell users to flip it?

Or maybe it is enough to make libata dependend on EXPERIMETAL?
...making it dependend on BROKEN should be definitely enough...