Date:	Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:08:37 +0800
From:	"Elliott Johnson" <ejohnson@...uxmail.org>
To:	"Elliott Johnson" <ejohnson@...uxmail.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: strange high system cpu usage.

Lee

Thanks for your help.  In testing different kernels we found that using an unpatched kernel from kernel.org seems to fix the problem.  I'm assuming that a patch added in the gentoo-sources patch set was creating the problem.  Our once 8 minute untar is now down to 7-8 seconds with a vanilla 2.6.18.6 kernel.

If anyone is interested in our oprofile code or other info, just ask and I'll post it.  Otherwise I'll be reporting this to the gentoo developers.

-E

=