Date:	Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:51:09 -0400
From:	Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To:	Tony Breeds <tony@...eyournoodle.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Powerpc build unhappy in 2.6.20.4?

On Monday 02 April 2007 8:51 pm, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 03:14:14PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
>
> > Sure, quite easily the source of the trouble.  Attached in both
full .config
> > and mini.config formats.
>
> Okay, I have no idea how it happend but you seem to have an invalid
> config.  It looks to me like you need to select a platform.

So "make oldconfig ARCH=powerpc" will accept a config that doesn't have a
platform selected?

> One of the following:
> 	CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES
> 	CONFIG_PPC_MAPLE
> 	CONFIG_PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE
> 	CONFIG_PPC_PS3
> 	CONFIG_PPC_CHRP
> 	CONFIG_PPC_EFIKA
> 	CONFIG_PPC_PMAC

Hmmm...  So CONFIG_PPC_MULTIPLATFORM doesn't cover it?  ("There is no help
available for this kernel option"...  Maybe a website somewhere?)

I just ran "make oldconfig" again and it didn't complain about any of those
not being set...

> When did this config last build a zImage?  I'm guessing either CHRP or
> PMAC?

Er, never.  I was largely guessing at what I needed via menuconfig.  (I'm
trying to get something I can boot to a shell prompt under QEMU.)

I'll try this CHRP thing...

Thanks,

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention.  Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...