Date:	Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:34:41 -0700
From:	johnrobertbanks@...tmail.fm
To:	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>
Cc:	"Ignatich" <ignatich@...il.com>, reiserfs-list@...esys.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Reiser4. BEST FILESYSTEM EVER? I need help.

Yeap, I guess that will probably work.

And here I was trying to compile old versions of GRUB from namesys.com.

By the way, do you think the benchmarks from:

http://linuxhelp.150m.com/resources/fs-benchmarks.htm and
http://m.domaindlx.com/LinuxHelp/resources/fs-benchmarks.htm

are accurate?

.-------------------------.
| FILESYSTEM | TIME |DISK |
| TYPE       |(secs)|USAGE|
.-------------------------.
|REISER4 lzo | 1938 | 278 |
|REISER4 gzip| 2295 | 213 |
|REISER4     | 3462 | 692 |
|EXT2        | 4092 | 816 |
|JFS         | 4225 | 806 |
|EXT4        | 4408 | 816 |
|EXT3        | 4421 | 816 |
|XFS         | 4625 | 779 |
|REISER3     | 6178 | 793 |
|FAT32       |12342 | 988 |
|NTFS-3g     |10414 | 772 |

Column one measures the time taken to complete the bonnie++ benchmarking
test (run with the parameters bonnie++ -n128:128k:0)

Column two, Disk Usage: measures the amount of disk used to store 655MB
of raw data (which was 3 different copies of the Linux kernel sources).

Thanks for that, John.

--

  johnrobertbanks@...tmail.fm