Date:	Sun, 15 Apr 2007 01:23:56 +0100 (BST)
From:	Julian Phillips <julian@...ntumfyre.co.uk>
To:	Rene Herman <rene.herman@...il.com>
cc:	Chris Wright <chrisw@...s-sol.org>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>, git@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: GIT and the current -stable

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Rene Herman wrote:

> "v2.6.20.7" seems to be the only tag from the stable branches that's present
>  in this tree?
>
> rene@...e4:[...]$ git tag -l | grep "v2\.6\.[[:digit:]]\{1,2\}\."
> v2.6.20.7

Obviously I don't know how Chris created his conglomerated repo, but I
just made one of my own, and it has all the tags I would expect in it ...
so it's not an inherent git problem (or not in 1.5.1.1 anyway).

I guess that Chris created his in such a way that the automated tag
following code didn't trigger? (Or maybe used a really old git?)

(Mine's at http://git.q42.co.uk/w/stable.git if anyone is interested
enough to want to look at it ...)

It only took me 4 commands to create too (ok, so three of them were bash
for loops ... and I did do a little bit more to tidy up), I do enjoy using
flexible tools :D.

--
Julian

  ---
Go slowly to the entertainments of thy friends, but quickly to their
misfortunes.
 		-- Chilo