Date:	Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:04:26 +0530
From:	"Madhusudhan c" <cr.madhusudhan@...il.com>
To:	"Pierre Ossman" <drzeus@...eus.cx>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, philipl@...rt.org
Subject: Re: MMCv4 support (8-bit support missing)

Hi Pierre/Philip,

> I've looked through the MMC 4.2 spec and I see nothing in it that even hints
> that 8-bit support might be optional. So as it stands, the bus testing is still out.
Okay. Its possible that my understanding was wrong in the sense that I
thought bus testing procedure is mandatory to support 8-bit cards. If
8-bit is mandatory for MMC4 cards, then the changes required in the
MMC core to support 8-bit might be  simple. Based on host controller
cap this can be handled.

Philip asked me about the access to the 8-bit controller. We might not
be able to provide you direct access to the hardware platform as it
requires involvement of business managers and so on. But can I be of
help by testing your code on our platform and leting you know the
results?

Regards,
Madhu