Date:	Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:25:15 +0200
From:	Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@...g.org>
To:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.21

Adrian Bunk schrieb:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 11:04:10PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Linus Torvalds wrote:

>>> Adrian, why do you keep harping on this, and ignoring reality?
>>> Kernel bugzilla has 1600 open bugs BECAUSE IT SUCKS.
>>> How many of those are interesting and valid? How many of them are
>>> relevant? How many of them are duplicates?
>> And - how many of these bug reports have kernel's bugzilla ever forwarded
>> to lkml so that other people could see them?
>>
>> Is that number zero (because kernel's bugzilla is configured this way)?
>
> Andrew forwards incoming Bugzilla bugs to the responsible maintainers
> (if there are any).
>
> If it is considered useful it shouldn't be a problem to automatically
> forward all incoming Bugzilla bugs to linux-kernel.

Why isn't it done yet? If the bugs were already forwarded to
linux-kernel (and perhaps, to linux-<subsystem> when possible, too), we
would save at least two days of this long "Linux 2.6.21" thread...

For I somehow feel that most people here dislike bugzilla because of
misconceptions - which only arose as bugzilla.kernel.org is *really*
misconfigured.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org