Date:	Mon, 28 May 2007 14:35:12 +0800
From:	"Qi Yong" <qiyong@...cn.com>
To:	"Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux v2.6.22-rc3

On 26/05/07, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:

> It's Friday evening, and the US is preparing for a long three-day weekend,
> often considered the official start of summer here.
>
> So what's a pasty white nerd to do? You can't go out on the beach, because
> the goodlooking people will laugh at you, and kick sand in your face.
>
> I'm not bitter.
>
> But now you _can_ do something: you can download the latest -rc kernel,
> and smile smugly to yourself, knowing that you are running the latest and
> greatest on your machine. And suddenly it doesn't even matter that summer
> is coming, because you can just sit in the basement, and close the blinds,
> and bask in the warm light from your LCD, rather than the harsh glare of
> the daystar..
>
> The geeks with embedded hardware can consider themselves doubly special
> (and not just because your mothers told you you are), because we've got
> updates to ARM, SH and Blackfin.
>
> What more could you possibly want? Some ATA updates? USB suspend problem
> solving? Infiniband? DVB and MMC updates? Network drivers and some fixes
> for silly network problems? Yeah we got them!

Unfortunately MMC update get compiling breakages.

> So stop worrying about those dangerous ultraviolet rays, and instead get
> your Vitamin D in the form God (and the pharmaceutical industry) intended:
> small easily swallowed pills. Beaches are overrated anyway, the sand gets
> into the laptop fan and soon it won't work.
>
> May you have a great summer,
>
>                 Linus
>

> Ben Dooks (6):
>       [ARM] 4395/1: S3C24XX: add include of <linux/sysdev.h> to relevant machines
>       [ARM] 4396/1: S3C2443: Add missing HCLK clocks
>       [ARM] 4397/1: S3C2443: remove SDI0/1 IRQ ambiguity
>       [ARM] 4398/1: S3C2443: Fix watchdog IRQ number
>       [ARM] 4399/2: S3C2443: Fix SMDK2443 nand timings
>       [ARM] 4400/1: S3C24XX: Add high-speed MMC device definition

   CC      arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/devs.o
/home/qiyong/linux/linux-2.6/arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/devs.c:410: error:
'S3C2443_PA_HSMMC' undeclared here (not in a function)
/home/qiyong/linux/linux-2.6/arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/devs.c:411: error:
'S3C2443_SZ_HSMMC' undeclared here (not in a function)

--
Qi Yong