Date:	Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:45:31 -0400
From:	"Dmitry Torokhov" <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
To:	"Richard Hughes" <hughsient@...il.com>
Cc:	"Bastien Nocera" <hadess@...ess.net>,
	"John Belmonte" <john@...gie.net>,
	linux-acpi <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Add INPUT support to toshiba_acpi

Hi Richard,

On 5/31/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient@...il.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 14:44 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Nope, impossible AFAICS. The hardware is just broken. Windows XP has an
> > toshiba supplied daemon that polls, so I think we have to just bite the
> > bullet.
>
> ... adding in reply in different thread...
>
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 10:37 -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Please use input-polldev to set up polled devices. It
> > will create work queue for you and will make sure that polling is
> > stopped when device is closed.
>
> Okay, I had never heard of this. I've done the suggested changes in the
> attached patch. Please can you have a look and make sure I'm being sane.

The patch was pretty good, I did not quite like the driver
registration code so I tried to clean it up. What do you think about
the attached patch (not tested due to the lack of hardware). If you
are OK with it please add your signed-off-by because version of the
patch I grabbed did not have it.

> > Also I don't think you want to use
> > KEY_BREAK. What is the expected function of that key?
>
> It's a "lock" key, I really want KEY_LOCK added to input.h, but that
> might prove difficult. For now I've used KEY_CLEAR, yell if you think
> there's a better one to substitute or if you guys want me to add get a
> constant added to input.h.

Iam still struggling with the purpose of the key. What would you
extect to happen when youser presses this key? Screen gets locked?
KEY_SCREENLOCK? KEY_SCREENSAVER?

--
Dmitry

View attachment "toshiba_acpi_add_buttons.patch" of type "text/plain" (14181 bytes)