Date:	Fri, 08 Jun 2007 00:25:15 +0200
From:	"Lars K.W. Gohlke" <lkwg82@....de>
To:	Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc>
CC:	huang ying <huang.ying.caritas@...il.com>,
	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to access correctly serial port inside module?

Lars K.W. Gohlke schrieb:

I asked vojtech@...e.cz as one of the driver developer

this is how I did it (just prototype)

(neccessary just one folder and two files)
1. copy template linux-source/drivers/input/joystick/magellan.c
2. insert in line 90  :
	printk("%s:\"%s\"\n",__FUNCTION__, data);
3. make and insert it
4. inputattach --magellan /dev/ttyS0 &
5. date > /dev/ttyS0
6. dmesg | tail

voilĂ !

[output von dmesg]

	[27336.486980] serio: Serial port ttyS0
	[27336.487270] input: LogiCad3D Magellan / SpaceMouse as
/class/input/input6 [27336.518603] magellan_process_packet:"Mi  6 Jun
19:22:31 CEST 2007"

[/output]

View attachment "lkwg82.vcf" of type "text/x-vcard" (132 bytes)