Date:	Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:29:53 -0400
From:	Mike Schmidt <mike@...ello.com>
To:	Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@...lub.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6 kernel: Cannot make multiple dummy network interfaces

Oh, yes! Thank you. The one thing I didn't check - since dummy had no
parameters in 2.4 kernels, it didn't occur to me to do a modinfo. I just
did a modprobe dummy0 numdummies=99 and there we are - 99 devices. Thank
you. I will pass this info on. I searched high and lo through user
groups and mailing lists, but dummy is such a common word that it is
difficult to narrow down the search.
Thank you again.

Mike

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> # modinfo dummy
> filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.18-4-gx1/kernel/drivers/net/dummy.ko
> license:        GPL
> vermagic:       2.6.18-4-gx1 preempt mod_unload GEODEGX1 gcc-3.3
> depends:
> parm:           numdummies:Number of dummy pseudo devices (int)
>
> Perhaps you want to pass that numdummies aregument with some value.  The
> default may be pretty low.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

View attachment "mike.vcf" of type "text/x-vcard" (355 bytes)