Date:	Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:08:46 -0500
From:	Matt Mackall <mpm@...enic.com>
To:	Tsugikazu Shibata <tshibata@...jp.nec.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, gregkh@...e.de, m-ikeda@...jp.nec.com
Subject: Re: [RFD] Documentation/HOWTO translated into Japanese

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 08:48:45PM +0900, Tsugikazu Shibata wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am posting Documentation/HOWTO which is translated into Japanese at
> bottom of this email.
> This document had been reviewed by JF project which has long history
> to translate documents into Japanese. (not only kernel but also FAQs).
> For JF, please see : http://www.linux.or.jp/JF/index.html
> Please also note that the page is written in Japanese, but you can see
> a lot of results there.
>
> Actually, this is my first trial to post Japanese translated document
> and here are some points I decided ;
>
> - Character encoding is ISO-2022-JP, which is normally used for email
>   using Japanese.
> - Added "Singed-off-by" line
> - Left the JF header strings which include translator/reviewer's name
> - Non-patch format, simple text
>
> I would be happy if I could get your comments and suggestions.
> Though I know there are several issues to merge it, I want to have
> discussions with you to accomplish it.
>
> This email comes from strong recommendation from Greg K-H when he came
> to Tokyo two weeks ago. Thanks >Greg

This is a great idea, thanks.

What I'm not clear on is where this is intended to go?

The below isn't a patch, so if it's intended to live on a website
rather than in the kernel tarball, great. We probably want a link from
the in-kernel HOWTO to that website.

If it is intended to live in the kernel tarball, I'm not sure that's a
good idea. There are a number of languages we could consider
translating these and other documents into.