Date:	Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:05:31 +0200
From:	Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@....nl>
CC:	Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@...e.cz>, sbrabec@...e.cz
Subject: PATCH: fix mismatch between usb-hid.c HUT find/search mapping and
 the HUT reference doc

Hi all,

As some of you might know from my earlier post/thread about atkbd and softraw,
I'm currently working on getting keyboards with internet/easy access keys to
work painlessly / plug and play.

In order to be able to better test / develop this I've bought 2 cheap such
keyboards today, one ps2 and one both usb and ps2 capable.

When comparing usb vs ps2 / testing the keycodes generated for the easy access
keys on my trust (microsoft compatible) keyboard. I noticed the search key
generated the linux/input keycode for find when connected through USB. This
lead me to check the consumer page mappings in hid-input.c . And it turns out
the the mapping for ID 0x221 deviates from the HUT standard document:
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_12.pdf

Currently it is incorrectly mapped to find, whereas it should be mapped to
search. I also added missing bindings for ID 0x21f, the real find and for
0x222, goto.

Regards,

Hans

View attachment "usb-hid-hut.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1339 bytes)