Date:	Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:32:33 -0400
From:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
CC:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Ian Kent <raven@...maw.net>, Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@...hat.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v19

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com> wrote:
>
>>> Does the patch below help?
>> Spectacularly no! With this patch the "glitch1" script with multiple
>> scrolling windows has all xterms and glxgears stop totally dead for
>> ~200ms once per second. I didn't properly test anything else after
>> that.
>
> Bill, could you try the patch below - does it fix the automount problem,
> without introducing new problems?

Okay, as noted off-list, after I exported the xtime_seconds it now
builds and works. However, there are a *lot* of "section mismatches"
which are not reassuring.

Boots, runs, glitch1 test runs reasonably smoothly. automount has not
used significant CPU yet, but I don't know what triggers it, the bad
behavior did not happen immediately without the patch. However, it looks
very hopeful.

Warnings attached to save you the trouble...

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>

View attachment "make01pb.des" of type "text/plain" (1954 bytes)