Date:	Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:38:47 +0100
From:	"Daniel J Blueman" <daniel.blueman@...il.com>
To:	"Tejun Heo" <htejun@...il.com>
Cc:	"Mark Lord" <lkml@....ca>, jgarzik@...ox.com,
	linux-ide@...r.kernel.org,
	"Linux Kernel" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: ICH8 CF timeout (regression)...

Tejun,

On 03/08/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com> wrote:
> Daniel J Blueman wrote:
> > The ICH8 south-bridge I have is the mobile variant and does come
> > equipped with native parallel IDE - see page 447:
> > http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/31305603.pdf . I do
> > see 35MB/s with DMA enabled from my CF on the 1 in 15 times the
> > libata-kernel does work.
> >
> > I can dump off and decode the configuration registers for the timing
> > and bus master registers in the working and non-working libata cases,
> > and the legacy ATA working case and see what's different.
>
> Does the attached patch change anything?

This addresses the issue 100%!

Due to the differences between the ICH8 non-mobile and mobile
variants, I've cooked the change into a new initialisation structure
for the ICH8M in the attached patch, if that helps at all.

The changes thus affect (correct) behaviour on the ICH8M in IDE mode
only...so should be safe for inclusion. There may be a similar
situation with ICH9Ms also.

Thanks once again to all who helped!
  Daniel
--
Daniel J Blueman

View attachment "ich8m-support.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (2259 bytes)