Date:	Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:15:32 +0200
From:	Jon Ivar Rykkelid <jonry@....org>
To:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>, Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>,
	Robert Hancock <hancockr@...w.ca>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sata_nv issues with MCP51 SATA controller

Is this the general opinion? - Should I try to get a replacement
motherboard of the same type?

If so, can anyone confirm that the sata_nv-driver is working with the
Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard at all / have anyone been successful
with this MB? How about the MCP51 SATA controller? - Can anyone confirm
that the driver is working for this HW? I would feel awkward to try to
claim a warranty replacement if it is proved that the HW is OK after
all, and the problem is with the linux-driver...

BR
Jon Ivar

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Jon Ivar Rykkelid wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I now tested with the adma=0 option, but if anything I got a crash
>> quicker than before. Same error message started coming in, but this
>> time the system hung before I was able to capture the log as well
>> (but I saw the error, and it was the same as before, except that this
>> time it was the ata3-channel that first started acting up..) - To
>> remind you all what this is about, I have reattached the log that I
>> originally captured...
>
> Sounds like a hardware problem, since disabling ADMA is generally the
> cure-all we use -- it appears to stress the hardware less.
>
>     Jeff
>

> -
> linux-kernel" in

Jon Ivar Rykkelid                     Web: http://www.pvv.org/~jonry
Enromvegen 191                        Phone:     +47 72 56 86 86
N-7026 Trondheim                      Mob.:      +47 906 20 250
Norway                                Email:     jonry@....org