Date:	Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:10:21 +0200
From:	Jon Ivar Rykkelid <jonry@....org>
To:	Robert Hancock <hancockr@...w.ca>
Cc:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>, Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sata_nv issues with MCP51 SATA controller

Hi,

To eliminate the possibility of this being a hardware issue, I have now
acquired another "Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4" motherboard (with the "MCP51"
chipset) for testing. I'll swap parts this evening. Hopefully I'll be
able to tell you in a few hours whether this appears to be working as it
should. The motherboard that I'm going to swap to has actually been
tested (with MS Windows OS+driver) for more than a day with a disk
connected, so if this MB also fails, I think it will be safe to say that
the issue is with the sata_nv driver... So hang on.

(You can't think of something else that could conflict with the sata_nv
driver after a bit of time, like two of my raid-disks being encrypted,
me running a SW raid-5 array / some special HW (quad-core CPU) / me
running vmware on this server ... ? - To me, all these suggestions seems
rather far fetched, especially as all is working with another
controller, so I'm arguing that unless there's a HW issue, the issue is
with the driver, but you're the expert(s), so let me know if you differ.)

I'll keep you posted as to the result of swapping HW.. Give me a few
hours.  :-)

BR
Jon Ivar