Date:	Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:47:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	greg@...ah.com
Cc:	david-b@...bell.net, linux-usb-users@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: OHCI root_port_reset() deadly loop...

From: Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:39:09 -0700

> No, nothing cute in udev itself, but it seems that all distros that I
> know of have a "load these modules now" type setting in their init
> scripts that can be used here.
>
> I can't think of a way to enforce this load order on the modules
> themselves due to the fact that OHCI might not even be needed for EHCI
> devices on UHCI (Intel) based chipsets :(
>
> Can anyone else?

The three modules perhaps should be a bundle of whatever ones you have
enabled, and internally we can dispatch the initialization to occur in
the correct order from a top-level module_init().

If the devices need to be initialized in a certain order in a
situation like this, it really seems like it is the kernel's job to
enforce it.