Date:	Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:55:35 -0700
From:	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...otime.net>
To:	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	David Brownell <david-b@...bell.net>
Subject: Re: 2.6.23-git Kconfig regression

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:01:09 -0700 Randy Dunlap wrote:

> >> Hm, it does look very odd.  It looks like it has something to
> >> do with <choice> working differently for some reason.
> >>
> >> In xconfig, I set all of the View Options and when I click on one
> >> of the periph. controllers, it says
> >>
> >> 	depends on =y && PCI
> >
> > That's what I saw too.  Looked dubious ...
> >

> >> but if I back up to -git7, it says
> >>
> >> 	depends on <choice> && PCI
> >
> > And that git7 thing doesn't look _quite_ so odd.  Did git7 actually
> > let you configure a modular GOKU (for example), i.e. work correctly?
>
> Yes, -git9 does.
>
> Looks to me like it broke on -git10.  -git9 is OK.
>
> >> I'll keep looking.
> >
> > Thanks.  Kconfig is one of the areas I prefer to let others
> > be the experts.  :)

[hm, odd email problems, changing SMTP]

David,

Just a small update.

If I set USB gadget support to Y instead of M and peripheral
controller menu item to Y instead of M, then I can select any of the
4 periph. controllers that are available to me.  (on -git14)
I don't know why it's like this though.

---
~Randy