Date:	Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:16:14 -0500
From:	Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@....uio.no>
To:	Mark Hindley <mark@...dley.org.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, nfs@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [OOPS] 2.6.23.1 in NFS

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 09:55 +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> I got this OOPS this morning on a K6. Sorry it is tainted by madwifi.
> ath5k doesn't (yet!) support my card. Box is K6 200, headless, used as
> firewall/router
>
> It looks like the same codepath as http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/6/275
> but my kernel was definitely compiled on a local disk.

You are hitting the BUG_ON() in line 909, whereas Mathieu was hitting
something further up in the same routine.

However I agree that they look suspicious. Both look as if something is
corrupting the rpc_task structure. In your case, a debugging tag that is
only ever touched by the RPC code at the very start and very finish of
the call is being changed, which points at something like a
use-after-free issue.

Hmm... I note that you are both running with the SLUB allocator. Any
chance you can reproduce using SLAB (and with the SLAB debugging
enabled)?

Trond