Date:	Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:52 -0500
From:	"U. George" <netbeans@...works.com>
To:	Linux on Alpha processors <axp-list@...hat.com>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Jay Estabrook <jay.estabrook@...com>
Subject: Re: Question about F_RDLCK and F_WRLCK on alpha

I suppose this can be better analyzed if the cpp output is presented to
show exactly how rdlck/wrlck is included/defined .

But the only requirement is that the flags are unique. solong as wrlck
!= rdlck != unlck every is happy.

There is no expectation that an i386 binary will run on an alpha machine.

there might be an issue if the i386 source code uses "0" or "1"
constants instead of the WRLCK/RDLCK. And then compiled on the alpha.
Then it would be out of sync.

I suppose they are different bec the folks at OSF had it defined that
way. And there was some need to run OSF/alpha bins on a linux/alpha (
just a guess on my part )