Date:	Sat, 1 Dec 2007 19:32:56 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Jörn Engel <joern@...fs.org>
Cc:	Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>, Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
	Mark Lord <liml@....ca>, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	len.brown@...el.com, Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org,
	rjw@...k.pl
Subject: Re: [BUG] Strange 1-second pauses during Resume-from-RAM

* Jörn Engel <joern@...fs.org> wrote:

> > hm, that looks weird. if you disable CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING, does that
> > improve things? (or just turns a noisy lockup into a silent lockup?)
>
> Not much, although the dumps look different now:
> http://logfs.org/~joern/trace3.jpg
> http://logfs.org/~joern/trace4.jpg
>
> I have to change my qemu setup a little to see the top of those
> dumps...

btw., if you start qemu like this:

qemu -cdrom ./cdrom.iso -hda ./hda.img -boot c -full-screen -kernel
~/bzImage -append "root=/dev/hda1 earlyprintk=serial,ttyS0,9600
console=tty console=ttyS0,9600 enforcing=0 debug"

you'll get the inner kernel's serial console log to qemu's standard
output. Pretty useful for capturing kernel crashes.

	Ingo