Date:	Sun, 2 Dec 2007 02:10:50 +0100
From:	Andres Freund <andres@...razel.de>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>
Cc:	Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>,
	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, abelay@...ell.com,
	lenb@...nel.org, rjw@...k.pl, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 20000+ wake-ups/second in 2.6.24.   Bug?

Hi,

On Sunday 02 December 2007, Arjan van de Ven wrote in "Re: 20000+
wake-ups/second in 2.6.24.   Bug?":
> > > actually we have reports of 2.6.23 having the exact same problem.
> > > The thing is, "something" is causing the system to go into a state
> > > where the cpu throws us right out of the C-state the kernel asks
> > > for.
Just as an Information - I see the same problem here, with an ubuntu 2.6.22
kernel. I did not report it so far, as I couldnt reliably reproduce it with
an upstream kernel.
Just as an additional datapoint (Lenovo T60 here).

For me it happens only when using battery. Thats another reason I havent
reported it so far - it only happened while on the road with work to do.

If there is any testing needed - just say it.

Greetings,

Andres

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)