Date:	Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:42:39 +0100
From:	Didier Link <didier@...ille-link.fr>
To:	BlueZ users <bluez-users@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Lost connections - mouse and keyboard

Le Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:06:52 +0800,
"Dave Young" <hidave.darkstar@...il.com> a écrit :

> On Nov 30, 2007 4:43 AM, Jiri Kosina <jikos@...os.cz> wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

Hi all,

Just for add something on this bug report, I've the same hardware
(Logitech dinovo keyboard+mouse), connected with bluetooth
hcid/bluetoothd-service-input

First of all, this work very well at first run and all the time I
interact with keyboard and mouse, very good job of the bluez stack
developpers !

But, like Brad, after an amount of inactivity (about 20 minutes
I think ...) the devices go to sleep mode and never reconnect. I need to
restart the bluetooth service at all, with another usb keyboard. My
kernel log contain the same warnings as Brad each time the service is
restarted.

Some times I've a kernel oops that kill khidp and I never can use
keyboard and mouse, need to reboot the computer ... of course I've
tried to unload the modules concerned but it's impossible.

I attach the lines of this oops for kernel hackers.

My kernel is the last 2.6.23 and I run a Gentoo up to date (bluez-libs
and utils 3.22), on an AMD64 dual core processor with 2GB of ram. The
kernel is tainted by the nvidia proprietary driver, sorry :-/ ...

the result of 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices' for the bt devices is also
attached.

I will try to use the latest patch (2.6.23-mh1) from the bluez download
site tomorrow.

This problem is present since monthes for me but just a service restart
isn't so hard to do ... but the oppsses are so annoying and more
frequent these days !!

Thanks for your attention, I hope you can solve this issue easily and
if you need some more datas and results of tests just ask me !

Best regards.

Didier LINK

- --
Didier Link <didier@...ille-link.fr>
Jabber : didier_link@...ber.fr
MSN : zanfib@...mail.fr
SIP : Zanfib@...ga.net

Clé GPG : 75BAC9EE

View attachment "oops-khidp.txt" of type "text/plain" (21227 bytes)

View attachment "input-devices-bt.txt" of type "text/plain" (1458 bytes)