Date:	Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:31:22 -0800 (PST)
From:	a_kumar <cable_plug2000@...oo.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: how to implement this logic?

Hi,

I've a block device driver which does the following,

Inside the request function I do something like this:
request(fn) {

 while ((req = elv_next_request(q)) != NULL) {
....................set up the request;
 spin_unlock_irq(q->queue_lock);
call the transfer(set_up_req) function;
spin_lock_irq(q->queue_lock);
}
       spin_unlock_irq (q->queue_lock);
        /* allow callback to execute as it needs the lock!!! */
        spin_lock_irq (q->queue_lock);

}
and the transfer function calls the scsi_execute_asyn(....) with the
callback function doing the end request. So, the ending of the request is
done like below:

callback(fn) {

 spin_lock_irqsave(q->queue_lock, flags);
        if (!end_that_request_first(set_up_req->req, cmpstatus,
                        set_up_req->req->nr_sectors)) {
                add_disk_randomness(...);
                end_that_request_last(set_up_req->req,0);
        }
        spin_unlock_irqrestore(q->queue_lock, flags);
}

This code works fine with most of the kernel versions, but fails on some
like , Linux 2.6.18-8.el5-xen

Please help me to find out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance for an early reply.
Anil P.