Date:	Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:22:55 +0200
From:	"Ramagudi Naziir" <naziirr@...il.com>
To:	"Matt Mackall" <mpm@...enic.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, jason.wessel@...driver.com
Subject: Re: a problem with NETPOLL/KGDBoE

On 12/6/07, Matt Mackall <mpm@...enic.com> wrote:
> netpoll will ignore incoming UDP -from- the wrong port/ip/mac, since
> it's otherwise bypassing the firewall layer.
> I forget how to deal
> with the source address issue in connection with GDB, perhaps Jason
> will remind us.

I have checked it out.
Seems like there is absolutely no way to configure the source
port gdb uses for the udp connection. So one must invoke a
"target remote udp:ip:port" command, see what was the
chosen source port (tcpdump/netstat), and reconfigure kgdb on the target.
While this works, it is rather awkward.

Do you think there is/can be another way to solve this issue
(like allowing NETPOLL to listen to a wildcard udp source port) ?

thank you
naziir