Date:	Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:45:32 +0530 (IST)
From:	murtuja bharmal <murtuja_bharmal@...oo.com>
To:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Linux 2.6  KBUILD Help Required.

Hello,

          I have a one question.
          If I have to add  additional external flag on my external kernel module source during compilation with KBUILD.
          lest say I have one kernel module file hello.c
          and I want to add one flag -D testdebug.

        suppose this is my makefile.

obj-m += hello.o
all:
 make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules
clean:
 make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean

where I can add this flag.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

----- Original Message ----
From: murtuja bharmal <murtuja_bharmal@...oo.com>
To: Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 28 November, 2007 11:30:59 PM
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6 kernel module compilation without using KBUILD

> Try disabling Module version support - then you do
> not
> see the .tmp_<modulename>.o
> When you have understood this simpler case you can
> move
> on and try enabling module versioning.
>
> But again - you really do not need to understand all
> this
> kernel internal stuff to build a module.
> If your real goal is to build a module without
> use of kbuild you are on the wrong track.
>
> Please enligthing us why you need all this deep
> internal
> knowledge to build your module and we may be able to
> tell
> you how to use kbuild top do so.
>
> What you are heading at now looks like waste of time
> for all parties.
>
>     Sam

Hello sam,

Thanks for your time.
Any way, we already had a lot discussion.
It just matter of interest nothing else.
Actually it is just a curiosity to know little bit
Internals of KBUILD and module versioning.
You can say, it is my bad habit when I start work on
something.
I want to understand it from base.
Unfortunately this time I didn’t get much information
from google.
Neither from kernel documentation.
I don’t have any issue on using KBUILD.

Sorry again.