Date:	Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:37:18 +0900
From:	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>
To:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
Cc:	linux-sh@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: What's in sh-2.6.git for 2.6.25?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:38:44AM +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 04:04:03PM +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:
> > This is a brief summary of the changes that are sitting in the sh queue
> > for 2.6.25.
> >
> > The main points to note are as follows:
> >
> > 	- sh64->sh integration.
> > 	- A handful of new CPUs (SH7721, SH7763, SH7203, SH7263).
> > 	- SH-2A FPU support.
> > 	- Board support updates (R2D, R7785RP).
> >
> > The sh64->sh integration is basically the only thing that's really
> > interesting, and so it's worth summarizing that a bit.
>
> Any kbuild bits that needs an extra pair of eyes before
> integration or can I postpone my review until it hits mainline?
> If you feel confident I prefer to wait as I'm busy atm.

Most of the kbuild bits have been pretty painless. I started out going
the SRCARCH route, but that ended up creating a lot of additional
duplication, so I opted to just roll them together and stick with abusing
KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG for restricting the options. Based on the heavy sharing
between the Kconfig options, this seemed to be the best way to go.

So, I'm reasonably content with it the way it is, but any input you have
on cleaning it up is certainly welcome at any time :-)